Something in the rain





There’s something about the rain that inspires me. When the cool drops hit the hot tar and I can smell the grounds relief from the recent heat wave. It’s that smell that fills my lungs with what seems like the cleanest air, releasing warm waves through my senses, my mind clears and i see everything through rose glasses.


I have a sudden craving for herbal tea and am over come by nostalgia for the winter days growing up in Britain. I have a rare desire to take a walk under the shelter of my umbrella with splashes beneath my feet.



Its funny how quickly that desire is lost with the image of a squirming toddler resisting my attempts to keep her sheltered. 
One day I will brave it, but not today. Today I will enjoy it from my garden steps, tea in hand.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bloglovin

Follow

Meet The Author

Coming soon...